Leave your comments here, or underneath the post, or in the Guestbook!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

7 May 2006

Antwerp(en) and G(h)ent (English)

Sometimes you gotta go and have a look around! Yesterday we, Xu Ping, Zhang Liping and I took the chance to travel to the marvellous Belgian cities of Antwerp(en) and G(h)ent.

Both have a very beautiful medieval city centre and a certain character that you don't find in Dutch cities. At least I haven't found it, yet. Everything seems to be a little bit more relaxed, in the positive way, but also in a (maybe) negative way: Streets and not-sights are in quite poor state.
Antwerp(en) is well-known for its harbour, which is one of the largest in Europe.
I will not write anymore about the cities, other people did quite some research and probably a better job than I would do now, below you find some pictures and links, if you want to know more. The only important thing to say is: It was a great day with my Chinese friends and both cities are worth a trip, so go there!


http://www.gent.be/

http://www.antwerpen.be/MIDA/








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I really enjoyed the tour of the two cities too, especially with you and Liping. More information about the cities: Antwerpen is the fourth biggest habour city in Europe, and Gent is famous for its medieval architectures. There is one more city in Belgium worth visiting-Brugge, which is listed as the one of the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Really a great day, let us make some time for fun after a week's study!:) Ping

Florian - 高富康 said...

Hey Ping!
Thank you very much for leaving a comment here! As I have written in my entry I really enjoyed my stay with you in Belgium!
Thank you for the additional tip to go to Brugge! You are a really attentive tourguide. Maybe we should go there once...