Leave your comments here, or underneath the post, or in the Guestbook!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

28 Jan 2007

Snake Night Market 華西街夜市 (English)



One speciality of Taipei is the variety in Night Markets. And every market has its own reason to be famous.
The Huaxi Street Night market is known for its snakes. There are some stalls and restaurants offering snakes of all sizes and kinds. Big Anacondas, small Pythons whatever you heart desires. In front of one famous restaurant is a snake show, to attract customers. People get the chance to touch and pet the Anaconda. A really nice experience actually. Snakes feel nice and warm, their skin is the softest I have ever touched.



Yet the reason for the show is less positive. After having been attracted to take a seat you can choose from several snake menus. The top deal is the snake soup with great ingredients, which are supposed to support your health. Though I have been there a few times to have a look and pet the snakes I never tasted any of the food offered yet.
As soon as I do, I will inform you about my impression. But I cannot promise, if I will do so.



Another speciality are turtles, a symbol of long life in China.



No comments: